Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This I Am


             My name is Matthew Thomas Linenbroker. I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, but am currently attending the University of Missouri, Columbia (though my Facebook page claims I am currently attending Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry). I am an only child and a member of a big, fat italian family. I am a 18 year-old Freshman, and, as of now, this is who I am: 
             I am a writer. I am a watcher of the world. I am a wanderer, a daydreamer. I fall in love with places I’ve never seen and people I’ve never met. I live in my head as much as I live in the real world. I let my thoughts carry me away to far off lands – to castles, to islands, to planets, to comfy couches, to London streets. I am determined to become an adventurer, to see the world, to not let my dreams be only dreams. 
            I am a self-professed idealist. I am a student with high hopes. I live with an identity of what I could become, because I am still falling, yet to land. I am not entirely sure I will ever land – I don’t know if anyone ever does. Right now, I am simply a Journalism and English dual major who loves to tell stories.   
            I am nervous. I am a creature of habit and comfort. Change is my greatest enemy, yet also my most beloved friend. I am anxious, a clinical worrier. I tell myself to “Keep Calm and Carry On” at least three times a day. I am cursed with a genetic nature, a cocktail of neuroses that I can’t quite escape. But I am both a lover and a fighter. 
            I am hoping. I am trying. I am a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment